Friday, August 12, 2005

And the lord spake thus...


Perhaps I spoke too soon. I'd just like to share the message we received from the theater just before going on stage at the Lamb's for our final show on Thursday. Last week we trilled fuck repeatedly in the final number as the pastor of the church looked on aghast. Apparently he missed the part where Stephen and I rolled around the floor in a lesbian lick-fest not two scenes prior. Certainly then it would have stated "Do not pantomime munching box please during the performance." Maybe accompanied by a helpful diagram, penned by the pastor himself. But then again, every guy likes to see two hot girls (well, guys in wigs) get it on for the first time. Preferably in a sweaty locker room. Truth be told, the people who run the theater were directed to give us the profanity message by the church-folk, forcing their hand. This begs the question: How do you do theater in a conservative church environment? Good question, me. Thank you. And the answer is: You don't. Goodbye, Lambs, it was fun. Before you attempt any Shakespeare please know that the man revelled in dick jokes and peppered every play with them, even the histories.
-JohnG

Before I forget. Thank you, unbelievably cute interns. Keep on rapping.

6 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger maryk said...

Just found this through Anne Towns! This is Mary Kraft from Atlanta. I hear you guys are coming hear at some point?? Soon?? Well, whenever it is, it's not soon enough. Get it down here. And by it, I mean asses of your.
~mk

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I have delighted in your shenanigans at Dad's Garage for the past three nights. Tonight, at your acrobatic midnight finale in Atlanta, I felt an urge to hug each of you, and wish you all a safe trip home. But I'm timid and instead hoped for a blog in which I could whisper these sweet nothings. Anyway. The closing tonight was the best of the three performances I have seen, although the masturbation was a little groach and I missed the worm farm from two shows earlier. See, I really was there! You guys are sensational. I hope to see you in New York!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger JennGirl said...

for some reason....this story reminded me of the time that you guys went on a gig to the Smoke Rise Baptist Church and some flowers ended up missing from the greenroom. i remember Liz throwing a fit and someone having to return them to the church. two rules for improv....church and comedy don't mix -and- you're never funnier than the roast beef.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Overdroid said...

Hey Johnny.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Overdroid said...

This blog sucks. :)

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Pants Party said...

So have you guys finished!! Im coming to NY next week and really really want to see a show!
Anytime anyone goes to NY I tell them they have to check out your show.

Please dont let the dream be over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home